Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Oh, That New Year!

As you might guess, I'm a sucker for stationery. I recently discovered Bonnie Marcus, an enterprising mommy of two who cranks out deliciously chic notecards, party invitations, baby announcements and more.

My darlin' friend Elisa will make merciless fun of me for this, but the card pictured here really threw me for a loop.

"How adorable!" I cooed. "I should recommend these to clients who need non-denominational holiday cards. And feature them on the blog!"

I was completely enchanted by the illustration, but...something just wasn't right. My brow wrinkled in confusion.

Why on earth would a holiday card feature autumn leaves? Were those apples on her festive dress? And what was going on with the honey?

That's when it hit me. This had nothing to do with Auld Lang Syne! No sir. This, dear readers, was a Rosh Hashanah card!

I've learned all kinds of interesting things by living in Los Angeles, I'll tell you that much.

Although you'd think those Hebrew letters might have tipped me off. Lord.

8 comments:

laura_belle said...

That's *really* funny!

Amanda said...

ugh -- sounds like something I would do!

Elisa said...

Thats my little wasp! Can't say I'm surprised!

Bear said...

I guess there really is something for all occasions...I wonder if there is one for Arbor day..

kristen said...

lolol!

Barefoot in the Park said...

thanks for dropping me a line! i'm looking forward to reading!

Tricia said...

This is hysterical, and charming, and I must say--you are quite the tastemaker. Very cool card!

Farrell and Lauren said...

I have heard a bit about Bonnie Marcus through the grapevine here in New York, and she sounds like a really admirable businesswoman. Good for her.
PS- I would have been equally confused by the card.